Thursday, April 19, 2007

5:00 AM

So it's 5:15 am and I am wide awake. My body feels tired yet my mind doesn't seem to follow. So after some tossing and turning I've come to terms with the fact that I won't be getting anymore shut eye tonight. My thoughts are filled with concern for a Friend that is going through a hard time right now. I run back and forth in my mind searching for a way that I can help but have resolved that this is a path that he must walk and unfortunately there is not much I can do in my limited abilities that will make things better. I feel so deeply this burden for my friend yet have to trust that Christ is walking with him through this valley. Praying for him...

There is something really unique about being up at this time. I'm not really a morning person...my friends and family can attest to that! Everything seems new this morning as the sun is about to rise and people everywhere will be getting up to encounter another day. Some will face this new day with a smile and others with heavy burdens. Everything is so quiet around this time...the whole world seems still and I am reminded that God holds the whole world in his together. Sometime it's hard for me to get quiet so I am tired this morning but thankful that I am able to experience quietness before God...before I start my day.

No comments: