Sunday, February 04, 2007

Surgery

Going for surgery tomorrow to remove something that should not be in my body....kind of a physical manifestation of what's going on in my life. I am on a path of removing things in my life that should not be there...Theses things like the thing that is in my body...simply put...should not be there. This for some reason feels climatic...as if it is the last thing that needs to happen before restoration happens. I mean restoration is happening...even though I don't deserve it...I'm restored through God's Grace.
For the first time in a long time I feel a sense of hope..it's kind of ironic that all my struggles with wanting to control the outcomes of my life, I'm totally not in control here...I really have no choice this thing has to go...it's destroyed a part of my body. So either I fight it and it continues to destroy me or I remove it and trust God to heal me.

Thank you Lord, even for this...I place my hand in yours....let's walk.

Chris

2 comments:

David said...

Chris,

Nice to know your writing often, makes we want to read more...

heard about the surgery, it will come to pass... eventually.

David said...

oh... btw, gathering cafe site is www.gatheringcafe.com; thanks for linking it